Randy Feldman DDS, MS
"The world is filled with many reasons to smile—unfortunately, not all smiles were created equally."
Those are the words of our resident orthodontist Dr. Randy Feldman who has spent the last 30 plus years giving people like you the gift of a beautiful, new healthy smile.
If you are looking for a trusted, respected orthodontist with years of experience specializing in his field to give you the smile of a lifetime, then Dr. Feldman is your doctor. "An orthodontist's experience and expertise can make all the difference in your smile and in your world", he says.
Dr. Feldman received his DDS and BA in zoology from The Ohio State University, and yes, he is a diehard "Buckeye." He is currently a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at USF College of Medicine and holds a patent for ceramic brackets. These are just a few of the numerous academic and professional accomplishments Dr. Feldman has to his credit.
Trusting someone with your children’s teeth is a big decision for you to make and, as a dad himself, Dr. Feldman is someone any parent would feel comfortable with. A very active community leader, he is the former President of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, a position he held for three years, and he holds a special place in his heart for children with special needs. "Some of the most beautiful smiles are revealed outside the treatment area while helping others in our community. When kids smile a lot on the outside, they smile a lot more on the inside. So, having fun is all part of my day's work…But some kids feel uncomfortable smiling, no matter how much they want to. That's why I'll never stop working on creating beautiful smiles inside and out."
In addition to being on the board of directors for Voices for Children and being a Guardian Ad Litem, Dr. Feldman has established several programs for children throughout the community. As President of More Health, Inc., he created programs which promote health education for students in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties.
He also established the Feldman Orthodontics Scholarship program, which has awarded college scholarships to area high school seniors for over 20 years. He developed and produced a dental exhibit for the Children’s Museum of Tampa and created a program to educate Hillsborough county school children about oral hygiene and prevention of oral cancer.
His latest endeavor has been to establish Kid ID in the Tampa Bay area. Kid ID is a free identification system that stores your child's vital information in a secure electronic database. Should your child go missing, you may request the information be sent directly to law enforcement agencies, increasing the chance of a swift and safe return.
Dr. Feldman also sees very challenging kids with dentofacial deformities and is part of the associate staff at All Children’s Hospital/John Hopkin’s Medicine in St. Petersburg, FL. He has volunteered his time for these precious children for over 25 years.
A family man himself, Dr. Feldman has a beautiful wife, Kelly, and three wonderful children, Adam, Chelsie, and Dalton. He also has two loving dogs named Nole and Maxwell. He loves boxing, spending time with his family, and creating beautiful smiles!
Qualifications and affiliations:• BA in Zoology: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
• DDS: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
• Certificate of Oral Medicine: Oral Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
• Mastership: Academy of General Dentistry
• Fellowship: America College on Dentists, Academy of Dentistry International, Academy of General Dentistry, International College of Dentists
Faculty Appointments:• Clinical Associate Professor: Department of Pediatrics, USF College of Medicine, Tampa
• Clinical Associate Professor: Division of Plastic Surgery, USF College of Medicine
• Affiliate Clinical Staff Department of Surgery, All Children's Hospital/John Hopkins Medicine, St. Petersburg
• Patent Holder: ceramic brackets
• Consultant: TP Orthodontics, Laporte, IN
• James A. Haley VA Hospital, Tampa, FL
Professional Memberships:• American Association of Orthodontics
• American Academy of Functional Orthodontics
• American Cleft Palate Association
• American Orthodontic Society
• International Association for Orthodontists
• North American Society of Orthodontics, Orthodontic Education and Research Foundation
• American Dental Association
• American Academy of Sports Dentistry
• American Academy of Osseointegration
• American Academy of Dental Research, Society for Occlusal Studies
• Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
• Southern Association of Orthodontists, Florida Dental Association
• Hillsborough County Dental Association
• Tampa Bay Academy of General Dentistry
• Hillsborough County Dental Association (past President)
Professional Awards:• Lifetime Achievement, Hillsborough County Dental Association 2011
Community Leader:• President Make-A-Wish Foundation
• President of More Health Inc., which promotes health education and injury prevention for kids
• Led major effort to add fluoride to Tampa water supply
• Established Randy M. Feldman, DDS, MS, and Staff College Scholarship – over 20 years of providing college scholarships to Tampa Bay area students
• Developed and produced dental exhibit for the Children's Museum of Tampa
• Developed program to educate school children in Hillsborough County about oral hygiene and the prevention of oral cancer
• Past President, Rotary, Tampa North United Way Allocations and Keel Club
• Leadership Tampa, Leadership Tampa Bay, Leadership Florida
• Tampa's 1997-1998 Small Business of the Year
• 2004-2005 Health Care Hero for Community Service – Tampa Bay Business Journal
• 2004-2005 Service Business of the Year – Tampa Bay Business Journal
• Voices for Children – Board of Directors, Vice President
• Guardian Ad Litem – 13th Judicial District